- Only the candidates of Kerala origin are eligible for claiming seats under reservation.
- In the case of socially and educationally backward class candidates, the annual family income limit shall be the latest one prescribed by the Government. (i.e. annual income of all members in the family from all sources taken together). They should produce a community and Non-creamy layer certificate issued by the Revenue Officer not below the rank of Village Officer/Tahasildar. In the case of Latin Catholic/Anglo Indians their certificate should specifically exclude the other community
- Candidates claiming reservation under Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe should obtain Caste/Community Certificate from the Tahasildar concerned.
- Candidates seeking admission against the seats reserved for SC/ST quota should submit the certificate from the Principal of the College last attended showing whether they had availed fee concession during the academic year. Students from other states should get the fee concession from their respective states. SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying fees other than caution deposit and amenities fund provided they have not availed of such concession for any UG/PG course earlier.
- The seats unavailed by Scheduled Caste candidates will go to Scheduled Tribe candidates and vice versa. The seats unavailed by SC/ST candidates will go to OEC candidates. The seats that still remain unavailed of will go to Merit Quota.
- Other Eligible Candidates (OEC) have no separate quota. They will be considered only against the seats unavailed by SC/ST candidates. They should furnish community and income certificate obtained from the Village Officer concerned. For such seats, the annual family income limit shall be the latest one prescribed by the Government.
- Children of inter-caste married couple claiming communal reservation SC/ST quota should produce community certificate from the Village Officer/Tahasildar. Seats falling vacant under SC/ST quota are mutually transferable.
- NRI Quota: 5% of seats in all UG and PG course in SME are reserved for students sponsored by Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) only and the admission will be on the basis of a separate rank list. Those who seek admission to NRI quota, should remit additional fee of Rs. 750/- towards application fee. NRI candidate should be prepared to pay fees in US dollars or equivalent sum in Indian currency. Foreign nationals will also be considered under NRI category. All unfilled vacancies under this category will go to the open merit quota. Along with the filled in application form, NRI candidate and parent/guardian (sponsor) should submit a joint declaration on stamp paper worth Rs. 200/- stating that they may be considered under the NRI quota only and they are willing to pay the NRI fees either in US dollars or equivalent currency, throughout the course of study and also that no request for change from NRI quota to general category, shall be made in future. NRI candidate should submit sponsorship certificate, copy of passport and Employment Certificate attested by the consulate/Embassy, and certificate to prove relationship with the student at the time of admission. No request for transfer from NRI quota to general category will be entertained by the CPAS.
- Reservation of seats and relaxation of marks for all courses will be granted based on the Govt./CPAS rules. The existing percentage of reservation is Ezhava/Thiyya-9%,Muslim-8%,Latin Catholic/ Anglo-Indian-3%, Other Backward Christian including SIUC and converts to Christianity from SC-1%, Other Backward Hindus-3%,SC-8%,ST-2%, the ward of Ex-service men-2%, Handicapped-3%. Viswakarma and related communities (VK) 2%, Dheevara and related communities (DE) 2% , Kusavan and related communities (KS) 1% and Kudumbi 1%. Reservation/weightage to NCC/NSS candidates will be done according to Govt. rules
- Those who seek admission to the seats that fall under the reserved category shall produce the relevant certificates from the competent authority. In order to prove concession based on caste and financial status, the certificates should be from a Revenue Officer not below the rank of a Tahasildar or Village. No center change will be permitted for candidates availing admission through regional weightage quota.
- i) Weightage of 10% of seats for admission to SME UG course in Puthuppally Centre to candidates belonging to Ayarkunnam, Akalakunnam, Manarcaud, Kooroppada, Meenadom, Pallikkathodu, Pampady, Panachikkad, Vakathanam, Vijiayapuram and Puthuppally Grama Panchayats in the order of merit.
ii) Weightage of 10% seats for admission to BSc Nursing course in INE, Nedumkandam to candidates belonging to Udumbanchola Taluk in the order of merit.
iii) Weightage of 10% of seats for admission to BSc Nursing course in the UCN, Pala to the candidates belonging to Pala Municipality, Marangattupally, Karoor and Mutholy Grama Panchayaths in the order of merit provided to ensure admission to at least one applicant from each local body, if there are applications from each local body.
iv) Weightage of 10% seats for admission to BSc Nursing and BSc MLT course in the SME,Manimalakunnu to the candidates belonging to Pampakuda Block Panchayat in the order of merit.
- Two seats reserved for candidates who have graduated from SME/UCME for admission to PG courses at SME.
- In the case of SC/ST/OEC students who are admitted under the merit quota the reimbursement of tuition fee will be subject to the decision of the Government.
- One seat is reserved for BSc MRT and BPT course for candidates having two year Diploma approved by KUHS in the appropriate subjects.
- Seats are reserved for MHA course as follows: 25% for Science graduates, 25% for BA/B.Com holders, 50% for professional degree holders.** (Admission criteria subject to government norms)
Seat reservation under LECTURER Quota
MPT course. One seat
M.Pharm. One seat per centre
The applicants under teachers quota should have minimum five years teaching experience in the institution of SME and satisfy the conditions prescribed therein for admission to the course. They shall also execute a bond with the CPAS as prescribed and abide by the rules of the CPAS .
For details of fee structure visit CPAS Admission 2018-19